An ESOL teaching position in a Hartford County
Fairfax Transition to Teaching Intern, Robinson
Secondary School, Fairfax County, VA http://www.fcps.edu/RobinsonSS/, http://www.gwu.edu/%7Eftt May 2004-Present
- Served as in-school intern and substitute for the ESOL Department.
- Completed required observation hours.
- Completed 5-week student teaching experience.
- Created, implemented lesson plans for ESOL B1 Literature, B1 Resource,
and A2 History.
- Tutored during lunch and after school.
- Served as one-on-one mentor for at-risk student. (Click on the link to see a thank-you letter from this student).
Account Management Analyst for Member Education Services,
Corporate Executive Board, Washington, DC http://www.executiveboard.com/default.html February
- Supported the Executive Education Director.
- Prepared materials for membership meetings and visits.
- Educated members about services and provided customer service.
Development Relations Associate, Stanford University, Graduate
School of Business, Palo Alto, CA http://www.gsb.stanford.edu/giving/ September 2002-February 2003
- Coordinated student communication with donors.
- Responsible for design, development, and production of collateral material
- Produced correspondence of behalf of Dean and Director of Annual and Reunion
Teaching Assistant to Provost and Professor of Philosophy,
Gettysburg College, PA http://www.gettysburg.edu/academics/philosophy/index.html August 1999-May 2002
- Instructed class on MS Power Point.
- Delegated student responsibilies and facilitated student group meetings to clarify
course content and assignments.
- Assisted Provost with
planning and assessments.
- Met biweekly with Provost to discuss teaching and leadership skills.
- Master of Education, Secondary Education, George Washington University, Washington, DC http://www.gwu.edu/%7Eftt Certification: ESOL K-12, Expected Summer 2005
- Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy and Writing, Gettysburg
College, PA http://www.gettysburg.edu Minors: English Literature and Studio Art
- University of Queensland, Brisbane, Australia http://www.uq.edu.au/ Fall 2001
- Washington Consortium of Lutheran Colleges, Washington, DC http://www.washingtonsemester.org/ Fall 2000
- Polished oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Blackboard, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, internet research.
- Coordinated and participated in parent-teacher conferences.
- Consulted with specialist about teaching strategies for vision-impaired student.
- Contributed to team and department planning meetings.
- Attended In-Service: FCPS HS ESOL B2 Curriculum, 2004.
- Attended In-Service: FCPS HS ESOL, Spring 2005.
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Gettysburg College Presidential Scholar
Interests and Hobbies:
- Mountain Biking
- Rock Climbing
- Drawing and Oil Painting
- Playing Guitar